RFID Food Application Lab
The Food Innovation Center Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Lab provides food industry growers, processors, producers, and distributors with education, lab testing services, and research activities for adapting and deploying RFID technologies and systems.
Education is delivered through RFID workshops, webinars, hardware and software demos.
Lab Testing Services:
- Tag placement optimizations
- Pallet configuration optimization
- RFID tags and readers' performance tests on various food products
- RFID application development
- Customized tag services for Slap-and-Ship applications
Research work is focused on development of RFID enabled tracking and tracing systems to improve quality, productivity, and the safety of food products.
For more information contact
Dr. Qingyue Ling, program leader