How you package your product is critical to quality, safety, and its shelf life, not to mention how it is perceived by the consumer. The FIC has staff experienced in providing multiple services to evaluate and determine the proper primary and secondary packaging material for a food product. Our team can help guide you to:
- determine the best packaging material for your particular product
- consider factors that enhance food safety and quality
- create innovative package designs to meet the expectations of today’s market
- address technical solutions to meet unique challenges
- conduct shelf-life testing for packaging options, using controlled temperature and humidity chambers
To work with our team on your packaging needs, please contact the Food Innovation Center at 503-872-6680.